DELTA CONCRETE PRODUCTS INC.
PO Box 289
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Here are some answers to often asked questions……
2. How much concrete my project will need??
3. Typical Slab –
4. To determine the approximate cubic yards needed, convert all measurements into feet, then multiply length x width x thickness and divide by 27.
5. Example: 30’ x 40’ x 4” pad would be - 30 x 40 x .33 = 396 / 27 = 14.67cy
6. The grade consistency is VERY important. If you’re off by even ˝” the results could vary as much as two yards.
7. For example: 30’ x 40’ x 4.5” would require 16.89cy. Likewise, if your grade is uneven it will have the same effect.
8. What is the purpose of an admixture or additive??
9. Polyheed aka water reducer – reduces water content needed, increases strength, improves durability to damage from freezing & thawing
10. Pozzutec aka accelerator – increase the rate of early strength development & shorten set up time
11. Delvo aka sleeper – delay’s set up time to enable farther hauling or more time for texturing, helps eliminate cold joints
12. Glenium aka superplasticizer - promotes flowing concrete that is easier to work, pump and finish, a water reducing agent that adds strength to the mix
13. Fiber Mesh – reinforces against shrinkage and cracking, abrasion and water migration